Col. Ajay Kumar Roy
COL AJAY KUMAR ROY
• Diploma in Senior Level Defence Management.
• MA, Development Studies.
• M.Sc., Defence and Strategic Studies.
• Bachelor of Arts.
• Executive Course, Asia Pacific Centre for Security Studies, Hawaii.
33 years of experience, global exposure in Security Studies, Strategic planning, HRM, Operations Management and Diverse Organisational functions.
Operations & HR Functions
• Successfully managed +950 task force under critical conditions, defining plans, SOPs, recruitment, appraisal of subordinates, and handling matters related to wages, management and promotions.
• Coordinated protocol issues during visits of dignitaries and VVIPs for an organisation having strength of +50000.
• Aid-de-Camp of Governor of a state.
Training & Development
• Actively involved in planning and conduct of training of an organisation of +20000.
• Experienced in conducting training of staff on team building leadership, technical skills, Security and safety procedure.
Implementation of key procurement strategies, contingency plans and ensuring that plans are aligned with operational logistics requirements of +20000 persons.
• Implementation of stringent security measures in high risk areas
• Experienced in Police duties and investigations having commanded Military Police task force in operations, coordination of movements, men and material by road and rail of strength more than +9000.
Post Graduate from IGNOU, Delhi in Extension and Development Studies including projects on Tea Industry (Assam) an innovations/ their adoption and Widows of Vrindavan, Mathura (UP). Post graduate in Defence and Strategic Studies, Madras University.
Strategic planning and management, General Administration, Human resource Management, training & Development, Material Management, liaison & coordination, security functions, personal administration, Academic research in social development.
• Successfully coordinated various activities related to HRD, operations and Administration for a subunit of 140 men and unit with +950 men under critical conditions.
• Recruitment of men in Territorial Army.
• Successfully planned, mobilized and managed logistics including finalization of contracts for a task force of +20,000.
• Actively involved in management of discipline and awards.
• Legal aspects and financial grants of task force of +18000.
• Fellow of 12 week Executive course where 81 senior officials from different departments of 38 countries participated in a leadership programme.
• Possess sound skills in policing duties and investigation being in charge of Military Police task force for two years.
• Awarded commendation card by Army Commander.
• Functioned as Aid-de-Camp of Governor of a State.
• Operations and training officer of task force of +20000.
• Logistics Officer of an organisation having +18000 task force.
• Commanding Officer of task force of +950.
Born to a family of educationists, hails from Diyara belt of Munger. Studied in Sainik School, Tilaiya, graduated from NDA (JNU), Khadakwasla, Pune. Commissioned to Infantry/ Assam Regiment. Superannuated from Army after distinguished service of 34 years in May, 2018. Assumed appointment of Registrar at Maulana Mazaharul Haq University, thereafter teneting Registrar, B.R.A. Bihar University, Muzaffarpur appointment since.